Spectroscopic data from the Hubble Space Telescope’s Wide Field Camera 3 (WFC3) on CR7 is studied, and we aim to produce meaningful results. WFC3 observes in the near ultra-violet, visibile, and near-infrared wavelengths. Information such as emission line ratios can be used to determine the properties of CR7.
Aims of the project:
- Extract spectrum and understand grism.
- Measure continuum level.
- Understand role of resolution.
- Take known spectra and convolve them to grism resolution.
- Input different lines to check their detectability.
- Interpret EW limits and what they mean. (AF2 data-set: identify other emission lines in 2D).